This workshop will benefit anyone who wants to develop and build on online teaching methods, innovative learning, online delivery and student engagement.
Objectives of the workshop
- Adopt effective teaching skills online
- Identify activities to engage with students online
- Delivering effectively through Microsoft Teams
- Leading group work activities during online seminars
Content (a series of 3 video presentations by Dyddgu Hywel)
- Video 1 - Communicating with students through Teams
- Video 2 - Online teaching through Teams
- Video 3 - Online activities – Mentimeter
At the end of these workshops, trainees should be:
- comfortable with online teaching
- confident leading online activities and tasks
- comfortable using all equipment within Microsoft Teams
- innovative with their online teaching
Dyddgu Hywel Background Dyddgu studied BSc (Hons) Design and Technology Secondary Education leading to Qualified Teacher Status' at Bangor University, she graduated with first class honors. Her early career started as a Design and Technology A Level lecturer at Coleg Meirion Dwyfor, before being appointed as a Design and Technology teacher at Rhydywaun Comprehensive School. She’s now been working at Cardiff Metropolitan University for the last seven years, working as a senior lecturer in the School of Education, with her expertise in innovative teaching, student engagement and technology enhanced learning.