Please see a link to Gwales.com's website below to purchase a Foundation in Construction and Construction Services Engineering textbook or e-book - Core by Mike Jones (Welsh medium).
This coursebook encompasses all the content of the six core units in the Foundation qualification and prepares students for the externally marked MCQ examination, together with the internally marked Health and Safety Test.
The textbook supports learners studying the core units in this Level 2 qualification (Qualifications Wales). It provides a broad introduction to construction and the built environment and develops vital knowledge and understanding of the construction industry over six chapters. A key chapter includes important principles relating to workplace health and safety and the wellbeing responsibilities of all employees on site.
The subjects covered by the core units provide essential foundational knowledge that forms a foundation on which to gradually study selected craft specialties to complete the course. Topics considered include:
• the buildings and structures that make up the built environment and how changes occur over time
• the trades, roles and careers in the construction sector and built environment
• employability skills relevant to workplace situations
• how construction and the built environment affect social, economic and environmental sustainability
• Use and application of emerging technologies.