The Tomorrow's Doctors scheme is designed to support learners who are in the first year of their studies in our Further Education colleges, and in year 12 in our schools, who speak Welsh and want to apply to study Medicine at university.
The scheme offers specialist support from Cardiff University and Swansea University staff involved in the application process.
With the support of university staff, the following workshops will be organised:
- March: Introduction, Paned a Chlonc with Menai Evans, Sara Whittam, Sara Vaughan.
- April: Work experience with Llinos Roberts
- May: Curriculum C21 with Rhian Goodfellow and How to Choose a Course with Cardiff University Medical Students
- May: Study through the medium of Welsh and the CCC scholarship with Awen Iorweth and Alun Owens
- June: Writing a Personal Statement
- July: Alternative Routes to Medicine with Alwena Morgan and [Siwan Iorwerth and Ffraid Gwenllian TBC]
- September: Speed Dating with professional doctors!
- October: Personal Statement question and answer session
- November: Predparing for MMIs
- December: Preparing for MMIs