At this uncertain time it can be a daunting task to manage time effectively. As many of us adjust to working remotely, while others learn to adapt to working in a different atmosphere on campus, time management can be challenging.
This is a practical opportunity to review your personal style in terms of how you manage your work, people, administration, work-life balance and so on.
Virtual working and managing various work pressures along with the challenges of care duties etc. have stretched most of us lately. This workshop will be an opportunity to think about these new pressures and the impact on our time, as well as an opportunity to consider ways of working more effectively both individually and as a team.
At the end of this workshop trainees should be able to:
• Identify problems and produce an action plan.
• Identify patterns of procrastination.
• Work better through effective planning and prioritising.
• Make effective use of your diary/personal planner
• Streamline/get rid of piles of paperwork and burdensome e-mails.
• Make effective use of time with others.
Mari Ellis Roberts
Mari is a Human Resources Officer at Bangor University and is responsible for in-house Staff Development provision. She also manages the University's Motivation and Mentoring scheme and runs personal effectiveness workshops such as time management skills, effective goal setting etc.