- Professional knowledge – developing your knowledge of the subject you will teach
- Methodological information – an introduction to theory that underpins learning and teaching practices (learning styles)
- Group-specific dynamics skills – group dynamics, strategies for different situations
- Organizational knowledge – standards and regulations, rules and practices, norms and values.
The online workshop will be split into four parts;
- Part 1: Understanding the personal traits of a high-quality tutor
- Part 2: Learning the key skills involved in planning teaching
- Part 3: Getting involved in a variety of teaching methods with smaller groups
- Part 4: Understanding some key principles relating to assessment.
Dyddgu studied a BSc (Hons) Design and Technology Secondary Education leading to Qualified Teacher Status' at Bangor University and she graduated with a first-class honors degree.
She was a lecturer and A Level Design and Technology subject tutor at Coleg Meirion Dwyfor, before being appointed as a Design and Technology teacher at Ysgol Gyfun Rhydywaun.
She is now working as a senior lecturer in Education at Cardiff Metropolitan University and has been there for over seven years. Her expertise lies in the effective use of teaching methods, student engagement and the use of technology enhanced learning.
This workshop will benefit postgraduate students who are stepping into teaching for the first time and want to develop their teaching skills in front of a classroom and online teaching. This workshop will offer innovative teaching methods and boost their confidence in teaching.