The aims of these workshops is to:
- Introduce different types of qualitative methods
- Outline what needs to be considered before, during and after qualitative research is undertaken.
- Consider the ethical issues associated with qualitative research
- Outline how to analyse and present qualitative data.
- Workshop 1 explores the different types of qualitative methods and creative methods.
- Workshop 2 looks at what needs to be considered when trying to access our research participants and before conducting the research.
- Workshop 3 focuses on what needs to be considered during and after conducting our research and the ethical issues associated with qualitative research.
- Workshop 4 looks at how to analyse and present qualitative data.
Dr Siôn Llewelyn Jones
Siôn is a lecturer in the School of Social Sciences, Cardiff University. He has been developing Welsh-medium provision in the School and teaches on a number of modules, including research modules. Siôn has extensive experience of carrying out qualitative research. He has worked on a number of research projects for different organisations, such as the Children’s Commissioner of Wales, Public Health Wales and the Welsh Government. In 2017, he finished his PhD. For his doctoral research, Siôn explored the aspirations of young people attending a Welsh-medium and an English-medium school in the south Wales valleys. In these research projects, he was involved in their planning as well as interviewing participants and carrying out focus groups face to face, online and on the telephone